Sunday, May 20, 2007

Getting distracted...

I, Charlyn Tan, would like to express my deepest gratitude across to every single person in cell that has in any way, contributed to helping me recover from my sickness. Be it cooking chicken soup, praying, encouraging, laughed at my sexy deep voice or standing in to do last minute cell preparations. I just wanna say I love you all so much and I really appreciate all of you.

I am just so amazed at what God has done through every single baptism candidate today. What they are today is a journey that God has brought them through by His perfect timing. I believe firmly that God is faithful, and He will fulfill His promises to you, you just have to wait and pray patiently for His perfect will to be done. As I am sitting on my comfy leather chair in my living room trying to do my assignment, God just challenged me to rise up to be the generation that will stand up for Him NO MATTER WHAT through this song.

HOSANNA

I see the king of glory
Coming down the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes, the whole earth shakes
I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing, the people sing

Chorus
Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest

Verse 2
I see a generation
Rising up to take the place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith
I see a new revival
Staring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees, we're on our knees

Bridge
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what is yours
Everything I am for your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity

Challenge today:
Are you willing to be someone who will stand strong in your faith no matter what?? Even if its gonna cost you your finances, family or even your lfe.. will you still stand up and declare your faith for Him? You will only know what God desires for your life when you understand His character and feel His heartbeat (Read the bible more often!!).

Ask God to break your heart for what breaks His, so you will see how much it hurts God when we sin, or when people reject Him and turn away from Him. God's heart was broken when Jesus was hanging on the cross crying in pain, but He did it so that our sins may be forgiven. Feel the compassion God has for the lost, so that each day you live, you strive to fulfill His purposes, rather than living for our own selfish needs and desires.

Ask God to open your eyes up to see what He sees, so that our hearts are focused on things of eternity, not on things that we can see in the short run and worry about. Our results, the amount of money we earn, the small mistakes we make, they are just part and parcel of life. God wants us to set our eyes on things that will help us to grow here on earth so that when we finally get to heaven, it will just be perfect.

God is love, and He always wants the best for us, the children that He carefully and uniquely made. Psalm 23 always lifts me up when I am discouraged or dejected. I hope it speaks to you as well.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (or through the darkest valley),
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
AMEN

Love,
Char char the babe.

With compliments, presenting His beautiful and babelicious creation - the babes of Supergeng Cell.